Ten of the Fincastle Pokemon Gym’s trainers entered into a double elimination tournament to determine who will be the Gym’s first Psychic Gym Leader. In addition to representing the Gym as its Psychic type expert, the winner will receive a deck box, organized play card sleeves and a set of foil psychic and special energy cards for their winning deck. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th place runner’s up will receive posters and booster packs.
After 5 hard fought rounds, the field has been cut down to three trainers, who will face off again this Sunday during League Play. Logan, the water gym leader, and trainer Tyler both stand 3-1 and will battle to see who squares off against Marthe (4-0), the electric gym leader in the final. The final will be a best 2 out of 3 match. Tyler won the first match against Logan and was narrowly defeated by Marthe for his first and only loss. Sunday’s finale should definitely be one for the books!
The 4th place spot(s) was determined after Round 4. Luke jumped out of the gates with 2 quick wins and then lost 2 heartbreakers to finish 2-2. Dylan opened with a loss and then battled his way back into the mix. He also finished 2-2, in a tie for 4th place with Luke.
Those who were eliminated from the tournament stayed to play the Pokemon Rumble board game and to participate in designing their own pokemon cards on blank templates designed by the Gym. Not only do we have some very promising trainers, but some very talented artists as well!
Come on down to the gym and join the fun! Look for the upcoming Fire Gym Leader Tournament sometime in the next few months.
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- October Pre-Releases & Costume Contests Coming Up!
- Operation Eddie Part 2 – Ramses
- Operation Eddie Part 1- Jack The Gripper
- Congratulations Chris, v4.0!
- Congratulations Anna, v1.0!
- 400th Gym Leader Challenge Is Almost Here!
- Regional Championship Returning To Roanoke In 2018!
- Pokemon Announces 2017 Rotation – BREAKthrough – On!
- Back From North American Internationals (Nats)!
- VG Premier Challenge 6/18/17 at The Gym!