We have mentioned several events throughout past posts that are still to come in this years tournament cycle (ending in August 2011). Just to get them together in one place, here they are in order by date. These are not all of the events in Virginia and North Carolina, but rather a list of ones that are do-able in a day from our area (excluding Nationals and Worlds, of course). And, as always, all of the events listed are free to enter.
– Saturday, May 21 – Pokemon at the Cosmic Castle – Roanoke, VA -registration 1pm-1:30pm
– Sunday, May 22 – Spring Battle Roads – Charlottesville, VA – registration 11:00am-11:30am
– Saturday, June 11 – Spring Battle Roads – Winston Salem, NC – registration 10:00am-11:00am
– Sunday, June 12 – Spring Battle Roads – Roanoke, VA – registration – 12:00p-1:00pm
– Friday, July 8 – Sunday, July 10 – National Championships – Indianapolis, IN – registration – Thursday, July 7 from 4:00om-7:00pm & Friday 8:00am-8:30am
– Friday, August 12 – Sunday, August 14 – World Championships – San Diego, CA – registration – invitation only
After all of that, we’ll start all over again in September 2011. Even if you don’t go to compete, the National Championships are a blast. There are open leagues where you can play who ever you choose and you get a lot of cool extras just for going. It is definitely worth checking out, even if only for a day. No one from the Gym has ever attended the World Championships, but we can only imagine that it surpasses the Nationals.
Anyone interested in any of these events or looking for directions, check the event finder on http://www.pokemon.com, or email us and we’ll help you out.