Play!Pokemon has made several changes for the 2013-14 season that we have discussed in earlier posts. One of the most notable changes is the replacement of the tournaments formerly known as Battle Roads with the League Challenge. The major difference in these events is that the Challenge is now run by individual league leaders, instead of tournament organizers. Each league may host their own Challenge and may have one each season. Championship points are still available for the winners, however, prize support is up to the individual league. The Fincastle Pokemon Gym will host its first Challenge of the year this Sunday at the Fincastle library.
The Chespin League Challenge:
- Sunday 11/24/13 @ Fincastle Library meeting room.
- Registration is from 12:30pm-1:00pm. Play begins shortly after.
- Players must bring a 60 card Modified format deck and a decklist.
- Entry fee is $5 (reduced by $1 for each game played during the Chespin season at the Fincastle Gym).
- 1st Place – Challenge promo card, 4 booster packs & 15 Championship Points.
- 2nd Place – Challenge promo card, 2 booster packs & 12 Championship Points (if attendance is 4 or more in age group).
- 3rd/4th Place – promo card, 1 booster pack & 10 Championship Points (if attendance is 8 or more in age group).
We will have door prizes in each age group and a Grand Prize if attendance is over 20 players total.
A few side notes (for newer players):
If you sleeve your deck, the entire deck must be sleeved and all of the sleeves must be the same. If for some reason your deck does not comply with the Modified format rules, you may still play in the event with a starter deck supplied by the Gym. We strongly suggest filling out a deck list before arriving, as this is a good way to verify that your deck is legal. Before registering, make sure that the cards in your deck are in the same order as on your decklist. Bring your own damage/poison/burn markers and either a coin or clear, 6-sided die (for flips).
If you have any questions, email us at our league email. Just to clarify, if you have played at least 5 games at our league this season (since October 21), then there is no entry fee. We are excited about the event and hope you all are too! See you Sunday at the Gym!