The Fincastle Gym Leaders are excited to host the next in our series of League Challenges this Sunday at the Fincastle library. The Dewford Gym League Challenge (while a little behind schedule) is part of the official 2014-2015 Pokemon League cycle. We hope to continue to have these a bit more regularly (about every month or month and a half) through the rest of the year. Following this Sunday’s event, the Gym will host another League Challenge, currently scheduled for Sunday, June 21. These small tournaments are great chances to test out ideas as this summer’s National Championships and World Championships approach. Here are this Sunday’s details.
The Dewford Gym League Challenge:
- Sunday 5/31/2015 @ Fincastle Library meeting room.
- Registration is from 12:00pm-1:00pm. Play begins shortly after.
- Players must bring a 60 card Standard format deck and Decklist.
- Entry fee is $5 for all players to cover prize support.
- 1st Place – Challenge promo card, 4 booster packs & 15 Championship Points.
- 2nd Place – Challenge promo card, 3 booster packs & 12 Championship Points (if attendance is 4 or more in age group).
- 3rd Place – promo card, 2 booster packs & 10 Championship Points (if attendance is 8 or more in age group).
- 4th Place – promo card, 1 booster pack & 10 Championship Points (if attendance is 8 or more in age group).
We will also have door prizes in each age group. These include deck boxes, damage counters and other fun Pokemon items.
A few side notes (for newer players):
If you sleeve your deck, the entire deck must be sleeved and all of the sleeves must be the same. If for some reason your deck does not comply with the Standard format rules, you may still play in the event with a starter deck supplied by the Gym. Gym Leader Marthe and our judges will do a pre-event deck-check of to verify that all of the cards are in the correct format. Bring your own damage/poison/burn markers and either a coin or clear, 6-sided die (for flips).
If you have any questions, email us at our league email. We are excited about the event and hope you all are too. We will have an official League meeting following the League Challenge – beginning about 3:30. Come join us for a fun Sunday afternoon. See you at the Gym!