The Fincastle Gym Leaders are excited to host the next in our series of League Challenges this Sunday at the Fincastle library. The Petalburg Gym League Challenge is the first local chance that players will have to earn Championship Points for the 2015-2016 Pokemon Season. Next year’s World Championships are set for San Francisco – let’s start earning our way there. Here are this Sunday’s details.
The Petalburg Gym League Challenge:
- Sunday 9/6/2015 @ Fincastle Library meeting room.
- Registration is from 1:00pm-1:30pm. Play begins shortly after.
- Players must bring a 60 card Standard format deck and Decklist.
- Entry fee is $5 for all players to cover prize support.
- You can register and pay online to skip the registration line at www.DarkMoonCardsandGames.com !
Prizes (awarded separately for each age division):
- 1st Place – Challenge promo card, 4 booster packs & 15 Championship Points.
- 2nd Place – Challenge promo card, 3 booster packs & 12 Championship Points (if attendance is 4 or more in age group).
- 3rd Place – promo card, 2 booster packs & 10 Championship Points (if attendance is 8 or more in age group).
- 4th Place – promo card, 1 booster pack & 10 Championship Points (if attendance is 8 or more in age group).
A few side notes (for newer players):
If you sleeve your deck, the entire deck must be sleeved and all of the sleeves must be the same. If for some reason your deck does not comply with the Standard format rules, you may still play in the event with a starter deck supplied by the Gym. Gym Leader Marthe and our judges will do a pre-event deck-check of to verify that all of the cards are in the correct format. Bring your own damage/poison/burn markers and either a coin or clear, 6-sided die (for flips).
Finally, please note that the official season Rotation has occurred, so cards in your deck on Sunday must be from the XY set or newer (or older cards which have been reprinted in new sets – like Potion or Great Ball). If you have questions about which cards are in the new rotation, please check out Pokemon.com or Pokegym.net for reference.
If you have any questions, email us at our league email. We are excited about the event and hope you all are too. We will have an official League meeting following the League Challenge – beginning about 3:30. Come join us for a fun Sunday afternoon. See you at the Gym!