The Pokemon Trading Card Season traditionally runs from World Championships to World Championships. They have altered that slightly, beginning the new season both this and last year in July so that you can start building PLAY! Points earlier through league play. This was done because of the new PLAY! Point requirement for entry into the National Championships, a response to the “free t-shirt mob” that threw the 2011 Nationals into chaos (a large group entered for the free shirt and then dropped/didn’t show for round 1). At any rate, the close of each season also usually brings with it a rotation of card sets (usually around 3 sets) to make room for new sets coming in the next year and attempt to shake up the format a little by removing cards that have become staples in many decks. For the 2013-14 season, the Modified Format will be Next Destinies-on (NXD-on). This rotation will officially take place on 8/28/13. Continue reading
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- No League This Sunday, 3/25 – Back On 4/1!!!!
- March Cancellations At The Gym.
- March TCG League Challenge Results
- TCG & VGC Challenges This Sunday At Gym!
- Trade In Cards For Packs At The Gym!
- Gym Deck Retired: Solgaleo GX
- February TCG League Challenge Results
- Bring A Friend Month Continues Throughout February
- Gym Deck Retired: Golisopod GX/Lurantis GX
- Congratulations Daniel, v1.0, and Anna, v2.0!