The Pokemon Trading Card Season traditionally runs from World Championships to World Championships. They have altered that slightly, beginning the new season both this and last year in July so that you can start building PLAY! Points earlier through league play. This was done because of the new PLAY! Point requirement for entry into the National Championships, a response to the “free t-shirt mob” that threw the 2011 Nationals into chaos (a large group entered for the free shirt and then dropped/didn’t show for round 1). At any rate, the close of each season also usually brings with it a rotation of card sets (usually around 3 sets) to make room for new sets coming in the next year and attempt to shake up the format a little by removing cards that have become staples in many decks. For the 2013-14 season, the Modified Format will be Next Destinies-on (NXD-on). This rotation will officially take place on 8/28/13. Continue reading
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- May 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Photos
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Wrap-Up.
- Blue Ridge Regionals Starts Friday, 5/25!
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Side Events
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Battle Fiesta
- Get Ready For Expanded – ACESPEC’s
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Cosplay Contest
- Forbidden Light Pre-Releases This Weekend
- Gym Leader Update After #400
- Daniel S Completes 400th Challenge At The Gym!