Gym Leader Joel has always enjoyed the late-season tournaments in Pokemon organized play, in both the TCG and VGC. On top of enjoying playing in them, he has enjoyed considerable success in tournaments this time of year. Why is that? Gym Leader Joel does not devote much time to deck sites that spout about “The 3 Tops Plays” for the next event, as those seem to be efforts to dictate the format, rather than aid players with helpful info. This often leaves Joel a step behind in terms of what to expect early on in a season. However, by this time of the year, he has had time to step back and absorb what has been going on and build decks that handle most, if not all, of the format. Joel regrets not being able to play this year’s Roanoke event, but as the Fincastle Gym has too strong of an obligation to helping the Regional weekend go as planned, playing is just not a possibility this time. So, in this environment where secret decks or strong lists kept close to the vest are virtually impossible, here’s a look at what he was heavily considering playing. Continue reading
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- October Pre-Releases & Costume Contests Coming Up!
- Operation Eddie Part 2 – Ramses
- Operation Eddie Part 1- Jack The Gripper
- Congratulations Chris, v4.0!
- Congratulations Anna, v1.0!
- 400th Gym Leader Challenge Is Almost Here!
- Regional Championship Returning To Roanoke In 2018!
- Pokemon Announces 2017 Rotation – BREAKthrough – On!
- Back From North American Internationals (Nats)!
- VG Premier Challenge 6/18/17 at The Gym!