As our kids have grown older and their responsibilities have increased, we have trimmed the fat, in the parlance of our times, as to the amount of extracurricular activity they stay involved in. Rec league sports were fun when they were little, but the charm wore off as the routine of oversized teams, nowhere to practice and saturation of opposing coaches, parents and officials in need of therapy increased each year. We don’t have delusions of our kids becoming pro athletes and have never filled their heads with that nonsense. Robotics, despite the program being abandoned by Botetourt County, still proves to be a valuable endeavor as you don’t have to look far to see the demands from the growth of the tech industries in our area and nationwide, so they both are immersed in the new 4H backed team. Both kids still enjoy the pursuit of individual goals in golf (Logan) and dance (Georgia). The longest running activity in both of their lives (and ours) is Pokemon. While the format does change frequently, the game overall has not. They can easily drift in and out of the game competitively as their interest and time allows. The thing that keeps us involved, in this Gym Leader’s opinion at least, is character. Continue reading
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- Openings, Openings & Openings, 3 Japanese Booster Boxes!
- 3 Product Reviews For Holiday Shopping
- Check Out Our Newest Items From Japan!
- No League Sunday 11/10
- Opening A Case Of Cosmic Eclipse Booster Packs!
- Hidden Fates Ultra Ball Collection Review
- Pale Moon GX Box Review
- Cosmic Eclipse Pre-Release Openings From Lexington
- What is a Pre-release? Watch and learn!
- 10/6/19 Fincastle League Cup Finals