The challenges facing the “powers that be” at Pokemon vary from season to season. When it comes to deciding the format and rules for each year’s VGC season, those decisions are very consequential, as once they are released, that’s what you get for the entire year. There are no major shifts in the format like there are in the TCG as various sets are released throughout the year. Sometimes the VGC format is pretty wide open and sometimes it becomes painfully narrow. Two seasons ago, the addition of the “Primals” (Groudon and Kyogre) was devastating to the format, as it narrowed it so much that almost all of the top 32 teams at the Virginia Regional Championship were identical. Inversely, the 2017 season was much more open, seeing a much wider variety of teams take the top spots at events throughout the year. 2018 is here and so is the new Ultra Sun & Moon format. Each new season usually brings a surge of new players with it with the hopes that the season will provide a fun, different and creative environment for the players. While we can’t see the future, we like the 2018 format and its possibilities. Continue reading
Recent News About…
Recent Fincastle Pokemon News
- Blue Ridge Regionals Starts Friday, 5/25!
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Side Events
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Battle Fiesta
- Get Ready For Expanded – ACESPEC’s
- 2018 Blue Ridge Regional Championships – Cosplay Contest
- Forbidden Light Pre-Releases This Weekend
- Gym Leader Update After #400
- Daniel S Completes 400th Challenge At The Gym!
- Congratulations William, v1.0!
- Get Ready For Expanded At The Gym!